Funny thing, the day after I posted the blog about still being on the job hunt I got a call offering a job. It's actually one I've had my eye on for a very long time.
I'm going to be a 911 dispatcher, and although it doesn't utilize my degree, having one definitely was an asset to getting the job so I guess so far so good on that front. It pays okay to start, and it will be kind of neat to try something new. The only downside is the shifts are 12 hours long, that'll take some getting used to for sure! But it helps because it's only a part time position but even 3 shift a week would be terrific.
I got the call on Monday and my first shift is Thursday so I plan to enjoy my last Wednesday as an unemployed bum lol
Also I wrote my last exam for this current Bachelor of Arts tonight, I'm not really sure how it went as it was a lot more intense then I expected. The good thing is my mark was high enough I shouldn't need to worry about it as I've already passed the course. :)
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment