Monday, July 26, 2010

Catch Up.

I've been home for awhile from university now. Just finished my last assignment of my university career today actually. My exam is Tuesday and provided everything goes well I will graduate.
Looking for a job is taking a little steam out of my whistle lol, there is not much going on job-wise in a small town like mine and when I mention to friends/acquaintances that I'm looking for a job, I get replies back such as 'I think the mall is hiring' ....REALLY....I'm certainly not knocking retail jobs, I did it for years myself and my fiance is in retail management. If you have a decent job high enough up with a decent company you can make good money and it turns out decently. BUT I'm looking for a career, something that not only will pay the bills, but pay for a car, house, wedding....basically a ton of adult things I'm yearning for now and can't afford on no job/ retail.
I've had a ton of interviews a few of which I thought was promising but haven't heard anything back at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a job at the local police station or at a doctor's office as a receptionist. Neither really have much to do with my degree, but I'm still not sure what I want to do with it, so they work for now.
Other than the intense job search and the university course, I've just been enjoying my summer, my best friend is taking her program over the summer so she's out of town and it's pretty lame without her, but I've been spending a lot of time with my fiance's assistant's girlfriend who is pretty friggen awesome!
Wedding plans are right halted until I have an income coming in myself, it'll be a lot easier to plan a wedding on one income then two. That's about all.......

No comments: