My boyfriend and I celebrated our 6th anniversary in November. We've been together forever it seems, and it keeps getting better. We've got our Christmas routine down pretty well. Christmas Eve we spend with his parents where I open presents from them and they open presents from me, then Rob and I do our Christmas together at his place where we open our presents from each other. Christmas day we spend mostly apart with our families but around 9ish after dinner he comes to my parents place and we do our Christmas with my family. Finally we have one more Christmas on New Years Day with extended family on my dad's side.
This year all went according to plan, we returned back to his place after Christmas with his family and opened our presents to and from each other. Then he realized he had forgotten to fill out his Christmas card to me, so he took it into his room and wrote for what seemed like forever. When he came out he read mine, turns out we had bought each other the same card which we laughed about. Our cards had an extra flap and after I read the card he took it back and read what he had written on the inner flap that I hadn't quite noticed.
It went as follows:
"Six years is a long time. I know you wanted more commitment and I just wanted everything to fall into place perfectly before we made any big decisions but the truth is being with you is all the perfect i need it doesn't matter who else i've been with because everything with you is the first time because it is real. i never thought i would actually find the person i;ve dreamt about my whole life. Another moment can't pass without having my best friend my whole world in my life forever, so......"
At the moment he got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his shirt pocket, obviously I was crying like a crazy person already, and he asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes, and the ring is more beautiful then I ever expected, and more importantly it's special to me even more so because he picked it out himself with no help whatsoever.
We haven't yet set a date yet, as we have somethings to work out first with regards to my schooling and the time of year we would like, but eventually this will become somewhat of a wedding planning blog, and I look forward to reading others and gathering feedback! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So sweet~ Happy Holidays!
Congrats!
love love your engagement story! congratulations!!
Post a Comment