Monday, March 22, 2010

March On

I've been reading a few blogs lately, namely "Confessions of a Young Married Couple" you can and should check that blog out here I hope I did that link right ha ha. Anyways reading her blog which I admit I'm kind of addicted to has made me decide to write again in my own blog I don't think mine will be nearly as interesting, and will probably not capture the readers other blogs have, but ah well.
As I write this I'm pretty excited; tired, but excited. I am cooking one of my last not by choice frozen entrees, I am nearing the end. 3 weeks from today I will be writing my last final of my university career, packing my things and moving home and I couldn't be happier. It's been a long road, with lots of obstacles including my crazy roommate of this year which has been extremely stressful.
I still have lots to do in the next 3 weeks; 5 essays and a presentation, that combined are worth a fair share of my marks for my classes, but I know that if I work hard I can get things done. I don't really have a choice.

With this excitement brings fear, big time fear. When I arrive at home for good, my fiance Rob and I will start looking for a place to call our own. He currently rocks a one bedroom apartment which is fine for him and our cats alone, but this girl needs more space. I can't wait for my own dresser and closet space. The real estate market in my hometown is not the greatest and homes are crazy expensive, we may end up continuing to rent something bigger and keep our eyes open for a permanent spot.

This also brings up my other element of fear, I will have to find a big girl job. The economy isn't making this a very fun process, I have started to apply for some jobs that sound good, but it's not really just about sounding good anymore. I need a job, I need a steady income, I have student loans that need to get paid and I'm terrified that I won't be able to find a job right away, and may infact have to settle. It does suck to think that I could be thousands of dollars in debt for a retail position, but for now I suppose I will just take what I can get.
Well off I go to begin my essays, the hardest part is the beginning finding a topic at least that's what I think :)

No comments: